Baby Bear is responding well with the new meds added to his day. He is more alert and back to eating normal. He does have a clot in his lung not bacteria, so the vet is talking with a specialist on how to proceed with his treatment. We can’t treat the clot due to his other health issues. We may have to start his heartworm treatment before the pneumonia is fully cleared as well.
We have discussed moving forward with his heartworm treatment. If he does need to start it now the vet feels he would do better being admitted into an ER where he can be observed for any complications and treated immediately if he has any. Between the clot and the pneumonia being in an ER is probably safer than coming home and being observed. We will find out more when the heartworm specialist shares her input.
For now we are enjoying his spunk and loving his tail wags & kisses. In a little while he will go out and spend a few hours on the back deck since it’s such a pretty day!
Bounce is coming tomorrow!! Thank you Brenda, Vicki & Anna for all your help with this little guy. We are so excited to meet him and are relieved that by moving him tomorrow and clearing a spot another dog at the shelter gets a little more time to find their furever family!
Ice has a vet appointment tomorrow to see if she needs a drainage tube in her neck. We are hoping she doesn’t need one as we don’t want to stress the poor little muffin.
Baby Bear: We spoke to the vet tonight. They are contacting the specialists concerning starting Baby Bear’s heartworm treatment. Since finding the clots it is a little more time sensitive to move things along without waiting for the pneumonia to clear up all the way. We are hoping to be able to work on the babies first (which are surrounding the outside of his heart), which is a treatment of Doxycycline & Steriods before moving into the toxic treatment for the adult worms (which have invaded his heart). We should have the specialists feedback when we bring Ice in for her visit.
Kona & Babies: We will be rounding up the herd for their first vet appointment on Friday. They will all start their vaccinations and deworming as well as get a check up!
We have another crazy week ahead of us….
Buddy needs a foster until his surgery.
Angel needs to be moved and her current boarding expenses covered.
We are also looking for help with a transport…anyone near the Danville area?
Kona and her 9 puppies all need their first vetting.
Honey is getting her full temperament assessment on Tuesday night.
CT Morgan (now Bailey) will have her first vetting.
Saphire, Brandy, Ice and Casper will get their first round of shots.
Jager (now Ariel) is going to her first vet appointment as well.
Baby Bear…well, with him, who knows! We are prepared for anything!
Baby Bear is LOVING taking all his meds now (and boy, is it so much easier to get them each in on the first shot!).
He ate well today, even having a few bites of his kibble. His breathing seems a bit better tonight as well. *Paws crossed* that the new mix of meds is helping heal him some. He is also more alert and has happy tail tonight, which we LOVE to see!!